The second stance of the eight is the Forward Bow.
- Front leg is bent and stance is low enough whereby your knee blocks your eyes from seeing the toes. Front thigh is parallel to ground in low stance. Back leg is almost straight.
- Front knee is directly above the heel – not too far forward, nor too far back
- Front foot is facing forward, but slighting turned in. Rear foot is at 45 degree angle from direction of punch.
- Eyes look over the knuckles of the front fists
- Arms are bent and relaxed – parallel to the ground and punching out with tight fists.
- Weight is distributed 60% to the front leg and 40% to the back.
- Head is held gently upright, as if suspended by a string from above.