The first stance of the eight is the Horse Stance.
- Imagine the position of your lower body when riding a horse and that’s how the lower body should sit in the stance.
- Toes point forward – almost inward – and the kneecaps spread outward somewhat.
- Eyes look over knuckles of the front fist
- Weight is spread evenly between the left and right legs (50-50) and the muscles of both the thighs and rump should be used to hold the stance
- Back is relaxed, mostly straight, and perpendicular to the ground